Please close or use the back button after reading this FAQ page.
Completing the questionnaire
This questioinnaire will take around 60 minutes to complete. You can log back in at anytime to complete it - but don't leave it till the last minute!
Updating your questionnaire
Just log back in and navigate to the section you wish to update (use the section menu) - make your changes, and save once you've finished.
Save your answers!
From time to time, please click the "Save unfinished page" button on the bottom of the page - this will ensure that your individual responses are saved, and in the event that your connection is lost (more likely when using a mobile device), you can simply log back in and continue where you left off.
If you receive a "422 Error" it means that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab. Restart your browser, or close the tab, then log back in and complete your application. And remember to save your answers regularly.
DO NOT USE EMOTICONS/EMOJIS IN YOUR ANSWERS! (you will not be able to submit your answers until they're removed).
Locked account or forgot your password?
No problems - just click the 'forgot password' link on the sign in page. If you don't immediately receive an email, check your spam/junk folder for an email from email@example.com.
Problems signing up
If you are experiencing issues when attempting to register, make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. If you have them blocked, the system cannot manage your session and won't allow you access.
If your browser has not been recently updated, you will likely fail the reCaptcha verification. Please update your browser (usually by selecting "check for updates") with the latest release.
What photos do I need?
Choose ONLY FIVE photos to submit. You may return and change these at any time.
What do you want to see in my video?
- The video submission is your first challenge for The Block. Be inventive, show initiative, catch our attention! Remember, first impressions last!
- The video submissions must be NO LONGER than 5 minutes.
- Use the application questions as a guide for topics to discuss.
- IMPORTANT: If using your phone/device, film your video in landscape / horizontal format!
- Both applicants must appear in the video.
- At least one person should be in front of the camera at all times.
- Talk about your partner and have your partner talk about you.
- Tell us why you are the ideal Blockheads?
- If you are going to use any music to accompany your video MAKE SURE YOU CAN BE HEARD above the music.
- Make sure you and your location are well lit and can be seen clearly in the video. Make sure you are not backlit!
- Please show us your renovations/home, but make sure we can see it clearly. Give an idea of your style and renovation experience.
- (Before uploading) Watch your video back! If you can’t hear or see yourselves neither can we!!! If you get bored, so do we!!
- Please remember you are trying out to be a contestant, not a presenter so be inventive, have fun but most importantly BE YOURSELF!!
The video is for viewing online and does NOT need to be super high definition - it is highly recommended that you reduce the size to no more than 720 pixels wide before uploading (this will reduce the file size well below 100MB). In 99% of cases, this is the main reason videos fail to load - so please follow the compression steps before contacting support.
Reduce the size of your video prior to uploading, by following these instructions:
- On your computer download the free video converter: www.macroplant.com/adapter recommended
- On your iPhone/iPad you can use the Video Compressor application
Once installed, (and any additional plugins are updated), follow these steps:
- Add your video by dropping or browsing to it from your hardrive.
- From the right hand panel, choose a "Destination" to where you'd like to save your compressed video
- From the 'Video" section choose "mpeg4" as the encoder.
- From the "Resolution" section, choose a smaller size from the dropdown (recommended: 720x480 or choose 480p) (you can see in the output window, the change to the video as you select the different sizes) - this will reduce the file size most effectively from the original and won't degrade the quality.
- If you want to reduce the time length of your video, choose the "Trim" option and adjust the start and end points of your video.
Make sure you check that your video plays before uploading it - otherwise you will experience an error.
You shot your video in vertical mode??!!??
All is not lost. Watch this video and you can fix the problem like a pro. The same can be achieved with iMovie and other video editing applications.
Once you're ready to upload, quit and restart your browser to clear the session and close any other application pages before uploading (including this one) and make sure your device/computer doesn't go into sleep mode during the upload process. If you have others using your wifi (particularly if they're watching videos/uploading/gaming) - ask them to take a break to free up bandwidth on your network.
Please be patient while it uploads.
Reality Store is not in any way affiliated with Macroplant or other third party applications mentioned here - and there are many other free apps that you can use to achieve the same results.